When the unexpected happens three or four times a day, when all hell breaks loose around you day after day, what should you do? How do you fight through it and win?
Keep doing what you have always done, which hopefully is the following:
- Read and study the Word of God. Get the headlines in the news, then turn it off. Only the Word will enable you to stand and persevere through flood and fire.
- Pray. Talk to God all the way through. Ask Him what to do, and then listen and obey. If you don’t know what to pray or ask, pray in the Spirit. He will always lead you in the right direction and empower you to move forward.
- Praise and worship. Worship God until you are full of His Spirit, then stand up and praise Him till the rafters shake! You’ll run the enemy out of town and get a new attitude!
- Fellowship. Don’t let this pandemic or anything else give you an excuse for not talking and praying with other believers daily – and meeting with them as the Church (social distance and masks if necessary). No one fights in a war by themselves!
- Give. With every paycheck or gift, thank the Lord and ask Him what to do with it. Tithe, give offerings, share your substance with those in need. What you sow you will reap, and God wants to bless you to be a blessing to others.
- Witness of Jesus. Everywhere you go, people should sense the presence of the Lord. If God opens a door for you to speak of Jesus, speak! Be ready to give your testimony and pray. You never know who that person will become in the Lord!
- Serve. Be involved in your church and/or community. Be led of the Holy Spirit and make a difference. Be on the offensive! Boldly invade the enemy’s territory, serving people in a way they can know Jesus better or come to know Him for the first time.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.